By Vijay Shah
If this month can be remembered for one thing it has been the sheer proliferation of awards from other bloggers that my site, the Half-Eaten Mind, have received like manna from the heaven of the internet.
This week, I have been nominated for three awards by Tazein Mirza Saad of the TranscendingBorders blog. They are the Super Sweet Blogging Award, Wonderful Team Membership Award (nominated previously) and also my very first nomination for the One Lovely Blog Award. In honour of Tazein’s kind and lovely nomination of the Half-Eaten Mind, here are seven facts you probably did not know about me….
1. Although I look Indian in my photos, I am actually of mixed-race origins. I am half-Indo-Mauritian and half-white English. My maternal grandfather came to Mauritius from the Indian city of Mumbai. According to my older sister Sherrie, at least part of our family, including myself, has some Welsh and Swedish heritage too.
2. When I was a child, my dream job was to be a veterinarian.
3. I can drink up to 5 cups of tea a day.
4. I like listening to Congolese music.
5. I have come across three actors from the hit British soap opera EastEnders. In fact one of them lived around the corner from where I used to live, and he was half-Mauritian as well!
6. I hope to visit India again some time soon.
7. I am addicted to the cereal Kellogg’s Krave.
Then a couple of days later, I received another award notification from a blogging friend, Petite Magique from the Netherlands, who very kindly chose me for the One Lovely Blog Award as well.
To both Tazein and Petite Magique, I would like to thank you both very much for your nominations and thinking of me as a recipient of these beautiful little pieces of recognition of the Half-Eaten Mind’s hard-done work. I thoroughly enjoy visiting and reading through your blogs and wish you all the successes that life can bring.
You can view their original nomination blogposts here:
Tazein Mirza Saad (TranscendingBorders blog): http://transcendingbordersblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/3-awards/
Petite Magique: http://petitemagique.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/three-more-awards/
In the spirit of the blogging award, sharing is caring, so to economise things, I have selected five lucky bloggers to receive the three awards I picked up this week. I apologise to any of the nominees who do not accept these awards, but at least you will know that I feel you are a worthy recipient. If you would like to accept, then you can choose which ones you like, and make your own list of seven facts about yourself. It’s good fun and a nice way of introducing yourself to your friends and followers across the world of WordPress.
The special nominees are:
As per usual, all nominees will be stalked by me as I search them out and deposit a special message for them to help collect their awards. Don’t worry, you don’t need to rush out to your travel agency to book any plane tickets or haggle a discounted fare with a moody cab driver. Just click on the link I will provide with the message, and the rest is a walk in the park. There is no restriction on how many bloggers you can nominate for these three sumptuous and shiny awards. Good luck, best wishes and enjoy the May Bank Holiday/Memorial Day weekend.
RELATED NEWS from Zemanta
- SUPER SWEET AWARD: A follow-up (halfeatenmind.wordpress.com)
- Nominated for the Super Sweet Blogging Award – on Super Sweet Mother’s Day. (dshenai.wordpress.com)
- Nominated for Seven Super Awards (dshenai.wordpress.com)
- The One Lovely Blog Award (fashenty.wordpress.com)
- HUG AWARD: Half-Eaten Mind nominated for its first bloggers’ award (halfeatenmind.wordpress.com)
- MORE AWARDS!!: The Half-Eaten Mind receives big batch of gongs (halfeatenmind.wordpress.com)
- A Bouquet of Awards – 11 Nominations (ajaytao2010.wordpress.com)
- WONDERFUL TEAM MEMBER AWARD: HEM’s second May blogger’s award (halfeatenmind.wordpress.com)
- SUPER SWEET AWARD: Sugar and spice…and brains so nice (halfeatenmind.wordpress.com)
- Do you think Blogging Awards are just another Ponzi scheme? Not me! (oddznns.com)