Today’s Photo Moment is in honour of my niece, Shaniya, who turns four years old on the 18th of September 2013 – three days from now. To celebrate this occasion I spent a good hour yesterday night on photo editing website piZap, creating two colourful masterpieces to give as ‘virtual gifts’ to her mother for her. I created these images as well as to show my love and happiness as an uncle to a darling adorable angel-princess. Shaniya has always guaranteed lots of smiles and giggles, and she has been a shining and cheerful addition to our family.
When creating these pictures, I aimed to use lots of bright colours and patterns as befitting a four-year-old-to-be. Pink is her favourite colour so I tried to keep that in mind. I used pictures I had taken over the years to show how much she has grown from a tiny newborn into a tall, mischievous young lady. I got these photos from two archives of family memories I keep with me, including a compact disc with over 930 images. It did take me a while to find the ones that were perfect for the job, and I’m glad I took the time. I also included for the first image, a cutely formal portrait of Shani in Asian costume taken at her mother’s wedding last June. The first creation is quite busy, partly because I was anxious to try out all the graphical features of the website. The second reason is that the busy feel suits my niece’s crazy, funny and highly energetic personality. She sprints around all day, climbs over everyone and everything, talks endlessly…and yet never seems to get tired!!!
I thought I’d create this article so that one day in the future, when Shaniya is much older, I can show this to her. So she can see how she has grown, and as an unforgettable memory for her to cherish forever.
Did you know?
- Shaniya was born on the 18th of December 2009 at Newham General (now Newham University) Hospital in Plaistow, east London.
- Her favourite TV programmes are Numbajacks, In the Night Garden, Teal and Abney and Scooby-Doo cartoon. Her favourite channels are CBeebies (a BBC-owned children’s channel) and CITV. She also likes Disney films once in a while.
- She is a budding artist, with a particular flair for painting.
- Her favourite food is sandwiches with Nutella or some other chocolate spread as filling – she calls that “chocolate bread”. She also like noodles (ramen) and Indian food. She doesn’t seem to like cheese though.
- She is a blatant miniaturised version of her mother. In fact her mum calls Shaniya her “mini-me”.
- She has acquired many nicknames from her parents and family over the years. Her parents call her Nye-Nye and Chucky (she goes nuts when she ingests sugar, and can be a handful, so she’s named Chucky after the killer doll). She has also been called, Cupcake, Shani, Shooby, Sha-parrot, Shannoying Shaniya,
- She is terrified of monster or Hallowe’en masks and her mum and dad sometime enlist the help of such a mask to keep her well-behaved.
- She has a best friend named Tanisha and a pet dog named Zeus.
- She is very polite and respectful, but can scream so loud I have been made nearly deaf more than a few times.
- Her favourite game is hide-and-seek. She also enjoys online games like Candy Crush, Bubble Blaster and Angry Birds and has even notched up a few top scores on her mum’s Facebook account.
From a tiny bundle till today
I see you grow each day….
From endless cries to endless laughs
I see you glow each day…..
From the innocent questions to the incredible mischievous
I see you learn each day…..
From the little walks we have to the small talks we do…
From the kisses you plant to the crushing hugs you give….
I save the memories each day…
For life will sure play the same game as it does every other day…..
But remember my dear, I will be there ever and forever for you as like today….(Nisha Sam)