On the 3rd February 2014 (and just uncovered today) the Half-Eaten Mind was nominated for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award by Don Charisma (http://doncharisma.org/) as part of his monthly award giveaways. The badges that Don has picked up have never before been seen in the blogosphere.
Don was nominated for this long standing award by five different bloggers. They are in chronological order
- 10-Nov-2013 – marlynsuarezexconde
- 18-Nov-2013 – paulettemotzko
- 6-Dec-2013 – Ponder Anew
- 14-Dec-2013 – suzjones
- 31-Dec-2013 – hakesplace
I would like to thank DC for considering me for this prestigious gong. You have helped make my blog and its awards page a more sweeter place.
Section 1: Directions for you to accept the Dragon’s Loyalty Award
To accept this award, the awardee must do the following:
- Display the Award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
- Present 15 deserving Bloggers with the Award
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
- Write seven interesting things about you
FIFTEEN DESERVING BLOGGERS:
I am aware that some of the nominees operate ‘no awards’ policies for their blogs. I have chosen you as I consider you an appropriate reciever of this award (I feel you deserve it) however of course you will not get a message asking you to receive/accept the award. For everyone else, usual HEM blog award rules apply.
1. Jackie – http://iamlostinthot.wordpress.com/
2. Superduque – http://superduque777.wordpress.com/
3. aquamosh – http://aquamosh.wordpress.com/
4. Sawa Minori – http://angelartstar.wordpress.com/
5. Alex – http://asterisk15.wordpress.com/
6. dilipnaidu – http://dilipnaidu.wordpress.com/
7. John SterVens’ Tales – http://johnstervens.wordpress.com/
8. The Talking Violin – http://thetalkingviolin.com/
9. Gene’O – http://sourcererblog.wordpress.com/
10. sagedoyle – http://wallgrimm.wordpress.com/
11. Emy Will – http://emynow.wordpress.com/
12. Ruben Demirjian – http://tigranelgrande333.wordpress.com/
13. cupitonians – http://cupitonians.wordpress.com/
14. mommycookforme – http://mommycookforme.wordpress.com/
15. Saimon Blu – http://saimonblu.com/
Section 2: Seven Interesting things about me
1. I used to help an uncle at his post office on the High Street in Plaistow, which I now do not live too far from. I was in charge of the stationary counter, selling the usual greeting cards, pens and children’s toys you might find in any British sub-post office. I ran that isshhh like a Mafioso homez!!
2. I can cook a fairly decent spaghetti bolognese and chicken tikka masala. Cooking from scratch however leaves me stumped.
3. When I was in primary school, I used to make the habit of drawing a small cartoon bee on each sheet or page of my book.
4. I have UK size 14 feet. The average foot size for men in my part of the world is between UK sizes 7-11. I cannot buy footwear on the high street so am forced to buy them from online shops and auction sites.
5. When I was a teenager, I had harboured dreams of becoming a veterinarian. By the end of secondary school however I decided to switch my allegiance to journalism.
6. I have nascent dreams of starting my own business, either importing Mauritian foods into the UK or running an online store selling computer accessories and smaller articles of associated hardware. However raising the capital is very unlikely for me, and for now it is just a mere dream.
7. I do not have children yet and in our tradition, we usually name children according to the Devanagari letter that corresponds to the astrological sign they are born under. However I have always liked the names, Rupali, Chandni, and Sameera for future daughters, and possibly Vikash or Arun for a future male heir.
You can see the original Don Charisma award here at this link: