Is it a bird?….is it a plane?…no, it’s a Superman-tastic The Most Influential Blogger Award from Don Charisma!!. On the 21st May 2014 (this past Wednesday), the indefatigable Don nominated the Half-Eaten Mind as part of his superhero themed giveaway for this renowned and influential award, which he has given his own special twist to.
As part of the giveaway, the Don is offering two such badges to nominees, a Superman badge for the guys and a Superwoman badge for the ladies, although of course you do not have to choose according to gender. When nominated for awards, Don Charisma likes to take the old badges and rework them in his own cool style. Since 2013, he has been nominated seven times himself.
3-Aug-2013 by gegebearbear
13-Nov-2013 by sassymikee
1-Mar-2014 by Ilka
2-Mar-2014 by lilmisspoutine
29-Mar-2014 by Foxy-O
24-Apr-2014 by Angie Mc
At first he was not sure how to create a badge that would reflect the idea behind the Most Influential Blogger Award. He started by asking around for opinions on the most influential personalities in human history, but soon concluded that all the most influential people in days gone past had an Achilles heel – they were not universally accepted as influential paragons of civilisation. Don shelved the idea and instead opted for the most popular superheroes the world has ever seen leap from the pages of a comic book: Superman and Superwoman.
Don Charisma’s Superman badge.
His alternative Superwoman badge.
The original badge awarded to the Don.
To accept this award, the awardee must do the following:
- Display the Award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a blog post and thank the Blogger who awarded you. Do not lump this award with any other award in a “basket”, “bouquet” or “collection” etc, I would rather you didn’t accept the award.
- Present 10 deserving Bloggers with the Award.
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded with a comment (or a pingback).
- Include an embedded video of your current favourite song (YouTube has virtually everything, just copy and paste the link into your WordPress editor). If a video is not possible you can embed a SoundCloud track.
(rules reproduced from DonCharisma.org)
HEM Takes on The Rules:
1. All three badges up for display and nominees’ use.
2. I would like to humbly thank Don Charisma for kindly considering me for the Most Influential Blogger Award, especially as he has made the effort to produce these awe-inspiring badges. Superman was a significant part of my childhood and I enjoyed seeing the film series that were made in the 1980s and to a lesser extent, the more recent ‘Smallville’ drama series based on the character. I also thought Superwoman was the perfect role model for girls and she kicked baddie ass differently.
You can see Don Charisma’s original nomination post at the link below.
3/4. The ten Deserving Bloggers are:
All nominees chosen largely at random from the Twitter feed entitled “HEM Bloggers List” on the official @halfeatenmind account. The ten lucky awardees above will each be individually notified via an ‘at’ mention on their feeds on Twitter, plus those who have enabled pingbacks will also get those notifications via the links published in this article.
The Half-Eaten Mind wishes to happily congratulate all the ten awardees and may they always be influential and successful.
5. The video/song I have chosen is “On a Ragga Tip” by SL2. An electronic/ragga hit influenced by Jamaican musical traditions, this party anthem made it into the UK national music charts for three weeks and stayed at Top 10 for two months in 1992. Over the years I have heard this song a few times and always loved its beat. I only recently heard it again while walking to work and the DJ had the good sense to tell everyone the artist and name at the end of the record. I ended up downloading “On a Ragga Tip” into the music library on my mobile phone and it’s become again one of my favourite tracks on there.