The EHI Awards is a flagship awards event within the healthcare IT calendar. This unique and well-subscribed event will bring together more than 700 information technology and clinical professionals from the National Health Service (NHS) along with suppliers of health ICT engaging their customers for a night of celebration, fun and networking.
The evening will be a celebration of the important work that people in IT and informatics help contribute to the running of British healthcare services and the vital role they maintain in enabling services and adding benefit to the NHS in particular. As the 21st century progresses, ICT and technology in general is playing an increasingly essential role to the day-to-day running of NHS front-line and administration services.
The awards will be hosted at a glamorous ballroom at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge hotel, in the centre of London on the 1st October, 2015. There will be live entertainment from a big name comedian, plus a pre-dinner drinks reception on arrival, a three course dinner, a half a bottle of wine per person, mineral water, coffee, petit fours and late evening entertainment. Attendees can reach the Park Plaza very easily from Waterloo Station and Underground, a five-minute walk away, plus easy access to local buses and taxicabs. There will also be a dinner and music as part of the entertainment.
The categories under which awards will be handed over by a celebrity host are:
- Best use of IT to promote patient safety
- Excellence in mobile healthcare
- Best use of social media to deliver a health campaign
- Healthcare IT product innovation
- Best use of IT to support clinical treatment and care
- Digital NHS trust or health board of the year
- Best use of IT to support healthcare business efficiency
- Rising Star of 2015
- Best use of technology to share information with patients and carers
- The CCIO award for clinical informatics leadership
- Excellence in healthcare business analytics
- Best use of IT to support integrated healthcare services
- Healthcare IT Champion of the Year
Interested parties should send in their entries by Friday 15 May at 4:00 pm at the latest. The event organiser also asks that potential awards nominees attend a judging day on Wednesday 15 July 2015 at the King Power Stadium, Leicester, in order to present to the awards judges there. The event nominations are open to any healthcare IT organisation of any size based in the UK. Entry to the competition is free but tickets for the night are to be paid for.
The EHI Awards 2015 are being organised by EHealth Media in conjunction with Informa Life Sciences, a fellow division of Informa plc engaged in the provision of events and training for experts in the fields of pharmaceutics, biomedicine, and other scientific industries. Category sponsors include Dell, CGI, Lexmark Healthcare, Intersystems, IMS Maxims and General Dynamics Health Solutions.