PARIS MASSACRES: 150 believed killed in terrorist atrocity

Paris, FRANCE
VIJAY SHAH via Rediff News & Google News

The French capital is in mourning today after a coordinated attack by terrorists said to be allied with the so-called Islamic State on bars, restaurants and the Stade de France left around 150 people dead. Most of the fatalities occurred at a Cambodian restaurant where terrorists armed with AK-47s gunned down diners and tourists as they dined. Suicide bombs were also set off at one of Paris‘ largest stadia, the Stade de France, where a football match between France and Germany was taking place. Gunmen also targetted a death metal concert, shooting at concert goers as they fled screaming.

The news has sent ripples of shock and disgust throughout the world, and social media posts urged people to pray for Paris and France, as well as the victims. Another 180 people have been hospitalised, many of them with serious injuries.

(c) Sebastien Amiet/Wikimedia Commons

Indian news service Rediff.com reports that sets of terrorists, some carrying guns and others wearing bombs strapped to vests, attacked seven sites around central Paris. One of these is believed to be the Avenue de la Republique, popular with tourists and packed as Paris gears up for the Christmas season.

Rediff reported that the worst carnage took place on yesterday night (Friday 14th November) as gunmen stormed a concert where am American death metal band were performing. Dozens of fans were taken hostage, and the terrorists were reported as hurling grenades at panicked concertgoers as they tried to flee the venue. The Parisian gendarmerie later stormed the Bataclan concert hall building, killing three attackers, reeling in horror at the bloody scenes that unfolded before them last night. Pictures taken after the siege show police securing the road just outside the Bataclan and establishing a perimeter.

The prosecutor of Paris, Francois Molins, said that five attackers have been killed. Other reports said six militants had been taken down, but no-one has yet determined how many took part in the atrocities or if any gunmen are still at large.

In five other shootings, it was reported that 38 were murdered. These took place in the 10th and 11th arrondissements (districts) of Paris, an area comparable to outlying parts of central London. Two explosions occurred outside the Stade de France, where the France vs. Germany match was in attendance by the country’s president Francois Hollande. Reports of casualties at the stadium have not yet been confirmed by police or the prosecutor’s office, but spectators were seen vacating the stadium in droves.

It is not yet known who exactly was behind the attacks, but the president believes that IS were responsible. Some reports claim that IS have claimed responsibility, hours after British IS member Mohammed al-Emwazi, popularly known as ‘Jihadi John’ was allegedly killed in a drone rocket strike in Raqqah, Syria.

Following the attacks, Hollande declared a nationwide state of emergency, the first in many years and today also instituted a three-day period of mourning for the many who lost their lives going about their daily business. President Hollande also ordered the closing of France’s borders to prevent any remaining gunmen from fleeing. Paris has gone into virtual shutdown with the city’s Metro train service as well as schools, universities and government building closed down today.

Hollande who was led to safety as the Stade de France attack unfolded, spoke on French television to say that the country would stand firm and united.

“This is a terrible ordeal that again assails us,” he said. “We know where it comes from, who these criminals are, who these terrorists are.”

He later visited the Bataclan hall, and said that France would wage a ‘merciless’ fight against terrorist forces. Thousands of police, paramedics and doctors were put on immediate emergency duty and all leave of absence was cancelled. Around 1,500 army reinforcements were brought into Paris and hospitals were getting ready for the influx of injured.

  • IS have claimed responsibility, saying that the attacks were in revenge for Western and Arab state-led strikes against their operatives in Syria. They have lauded the atrocity as an ‘act of war’.
  • All sporting fixtures in Paris have been cancelled.
  • Several cities including London, Melbourne in Australia, New York and Dublin, Ireland have lit up buildings in the colours of the French tricouleur in solidarity with Paris.
  • UAE president Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has sent a telegram stating that the Paris teror attacks are against all of humanity. Governments, including those from the UK and US have also expressed their horror at the atrocities.
SOURCES:
Francois Gautier, Facebook, Facebook Inc. https://www.facebook.com/francoisgautierofficial/?fref=nf
“Bloodbath in Paris: Over 150 dead as terrorists plan Mumbai-style attacks” – Rediff News/Rediff.com (14 November 2015) http://www.rediff.com/news/report/pix-bloodbath-in-paris-hundreds-dead-in-mumbai-style-attacks/20151114.htm
Google News.
IMAGE CREDIT:
“File:Marche hommage Charlie hebdo et aux victimes des attentats de janvier 2015 (31).jpg” – Sébastien Amiet (sébastien amiet;l), nikleitz2009 & Paris 16, Wikimedia Commons (11 January 2015) https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Marche_hommage_Charlie_hebdo_et_aux_victimes_des_attentats_de_janvier_2015_(31).jpg
Advertisements

7 thoughts on “PARIS MASSACRES: 150 believed killed in terrorist atrocity

  1. jmsabbagh November 14, 2015 / 3:40 pm

    ISIS is committing these massacres since JUNE 2014 and the World is blind and deaf.ISIS decapitated thousand of Christians ,Shiat and Yazidi in Iraq ,,it takes Paris Massacre to bring some attention to this cancer.

    Like

    • halfeatenmind November 14, 2015 / 3:49 pm

      Yes it’s true, I think now the Western powers will finally see the ISIS for the scum they are and the Western politicians will confront this menace head on.

      Like

  2. Enigma November 14, 2015 / 9:57 pm

    Y miré y no vi entre los muertos a ninguno de ellos…

    Otra falsa bandera—

    Nadie consideraba ayer que el terrorismo de estado fuera tan convincente como lo cuenta sus propios medios, y menos las mismas víctimas mediáticas que sobreviven a las torres gemelas, madrid, londres, gladio, otan…
    Como dicen en Cádiz:
    No hay que sé cabrón ni na.

    Liked by 1 person

  3. Aquileana November 23, 2015 / 2:24 am

    May peace prevail… thanks for raising awareness through your informative posts…
    best wishes. Aquileana 🌟🌠

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s