As the 25th December nears, many bloggers and online writers will be thinking long and hard about what seasonal content they are looking to post, and sometimes it can be tricky to think of revolutionary new ideas especially given the Net is such a crowded place.
A Drugstore Addiction may well be the saving grace of any blogger struggling to come up with something Yuletide related.
The 10 tips are:
- Christmas gift guides (reviews of Christmas-themed gifts or of gift ideas, making your own gifts at home, articles on shops, ideas for gifts for family/friends/colleagues etc).
- Christmas wishlists (bloggers can write about what they want most for Christmas, very good for dropping hints to loved ones about what you really want, and that’s not yet another pair of loud red socks).
- Christmas make-up designs (such as festive-themed eye makeup, festive colours for lipsticks, features on make-up artists’ best looks for the season or winter generally, recommended for beauty bloggers).
- Secret blogging Santa (many bloggers organise ‘secret Santa‘ events for their blogging community, or in real life for their friends; these and their outcome can be featured).
- Christmas ‘DIY‘ – arts and crafts (bloggers can get all creative and make their own gifts, decorations, trees, greetings cards, even their ideal Xmas music mixtape!).
- Christmas ‘card haul’ (many greetings cards have beautiful designs ranging from traditional Victorian drawings of robins to modern ones with festive memes. Some bloggers will often collect greetings cards and feature the best or most inspirational ones on their sites).
- Christmas day trip (especially for lifestyle or travel bloggers, they can blog on a day trip to a Christmassy location, such as a dad’s visit to the local Santa’s grotto with his children, or a blogger’s account of a holiday to Lapland. There is also great ammunition and inspiration in this idea for photographers and artists).
- Christmas ‘shopping haul’ (for the shopaholics out there, this is an idea to blog about what you buy in the runup to Christmas, your shopping experiences and any recommended places.)
- Recipes (Christmas is a treasure trove for the home cook and foodie – turkey, cakes, Christmas puddings, roasts, festive ethnic foods, biscuits…the list is endless. This is a good time if any to share recipes and ideas, and to set the culinary creativity going).
- What I got for Christmas (did you get some cool pressies?, you can blog about them. If anything, it can make gifting even more exciting, especially when you share the good news with your followers/readers. Even if the presents were not so great, you can release your disappointment online).
A Drugstore Addiction is the blog of Jemma, a fashion and make-up blogger and student of marketing from Nottingham and currently studying in Liverpool in the United Kingdom. She is 18 years of age and often blogs from a farmhouse in the East Midlands.
HEM Bloggers List, The Half-Eaten Mind, Twitter, Twitter Inc. https://twitter.com/halfeatenmind/lists/hem-bloggers-list
UK Blogger RT, Twitter, Twitter Inc. https://twitter.com/UKBlog_RT
Jemma l, Twitter, Twitter Inc. https://twitter.com/dsaddictionx
“12 SEASONAL POST IDEAS FOR BLOGGERS” – Jemma, A Drugstore Addiction (10 November 2015) http://www.adrugstoreaddiction.com/2015/11/12-seasonal-post-ideas-for-bloggers.html
“ABOUT” – Jemma, A Drugstore Addiction (13 September 2014) http://www.adrugstoreaddiction.com/p/about.html
Getty Images via Zemanta.