HEM News Agency is now an official member of the blogging networking site Bloglovin’. I signed up quickly last weekend and made my blog’s record there official.
Bloglovin’, established in a Swedish garage in 2007, is a platform that enables bloggers and non-bloggers alike to curate, follow and keep up with their favourite blogs, ranging from the postings of leading organisations such as the BBC (the first blog HEMNA has followed) through to small mummy blogs and personal online diaries. The site now has more than 16 million people signed up and has reached such heights that it is said to host its own blogging awards ceremony annually in New York.
Under its previous incarnation as ‘Half-Eaten Mind’, HEMNA has signed up with a select handful of blog platforms over the years, such as Blogarama and the now closed Technorati, but the returns from those websites were quite poor. I joined Bloglovin’ to give the blog more exposure and attract new followers, as well as give existing ones a new way to keep track of our news and other posts.
If you are a member of Bloglovin’ and wish to follow us there, please take a look at our official Bloglovin’ page: bloglovin.com/blogs/hem-news-agency-11295563/
You can show your appreciation of our posts by clicking the little white and blue heart button to give some love, and use the other buttons to share our articles via Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and email. There is also the option of saving articles for future reference at a time that suits you.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
“Bloglovin'” – Wikipedia/Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloglovin’
Fashion and beauty blog A Drugstore Addiction has penned a special guide on ten ideas for bloggers to explore this Christmas to get themselves and their readers into the festive spirit.
As the 25th December nears, many bloggers and online writers will be thinking long and hard about what seasonal content they are looking to post, and sometimes it can be tricky to think of revolutionary new ideas especially given the Net is such a crowded place.
A Drugstore Addiction may well be the saving grace of any blogger struggling to come up with something Yuletide related.
The 10 tips are:
- Christmas gift guides (reviews of Christmas-themed gifts or of gift ideas, making your own gifts at home, articles on shops, ideas for gifts for family/friends/colleagues etc).
- Christmas wishlists (bloggers can write about what they want most for Christmas, very good for dropping hints to loved ones about what you really want, and that’s not yet another pair of loud red socks).
- Christmas make-up designs (such as festive-themed eye makeup, festive colours for lipsticks, features on make-up artists’ best looks for the season or winter generally, recommended for beauty bloggers).
- Secret blogging Santa (many bloggers organise ‘secret Santa‘ events for their blogging community, or in real life for their friends; these and their outcome can be featured).
- Christmas ‘DIY‘ – arts and crafts (bloggers can get all creative and make their own gifts, decorations, trees, greetings cards, even their ideal Xmas music mixtape!).
- Christmas ‘card haul’ (many greetings cards have beautiful designs ranging from traditional Victorian drawings of robins to modern ones with festive memes. Some bloggers will often collect greetings cards and feature the best or most inspirational ones on their sites).
- Christmas day trip (especially for lifestyle or travel bloggers, they can blog on a day trip to a Christmassy location, such as a dad’s visit to the local Santa’s grotto with his children, or a blogger’s account of a holiday to Lapland. There is also great ammunition and inspiration in this idea for photographers and artists).
- Christmas ‘shopping haul’ (for the shopaholics out there, this is an idea to blog about what you buy in the runup to Christmas, your shopping experiences and any recommended places.)
- Recipes (Christmas is a treasure trove for the home cook and foodie – turkey, cakes, Christmas puddings, roasts, festive ethnic foods, biscuits…the list is endless. This is a good time if any to share recipes and ideas, and to set the culinary creativity going).
- What I got for Christmas (did you get some cool pressies?, you can blog about them. If anything, it can make gifting even more exciting, especially when you share the good news with your followers/readers. Even if the presents were not so great, you can release your disappointment online).
A Drugstore Addiction is the blog of Jemma, a fashion and make-up blogger and student of marketing from Nottingham and currently studying in Liverpool in the United Kingdom. She is 18 years of age and often blogs from a farmhouse in the East Midlands.
Getty Images via Zemanta.