THE CRIMEWAVE CONTINUES: London man shot in face, other person stabbed

London – VIJAY SHAH via GEORGIA DIEBELIUS and Metro

The crimewave of stabbings and shootings which has dominated headlines in the London area and across the United Kingdom’s media in recent months shows no sign of abating as two men were attacked in the city only last evening, the newspaper Metro reported.

In Peckham, south-east London, police and an air ambulance were called to a man who was reportedly shot in the face. Witnesses at the crime scene told Metro that a blue Ford vehicle had been cordoned off by police as part of their searches. The driver-side window was said to be shattered. Accounts of the shooting and its aftermath were shared on social media network Twitter. One commenter tweeted: “Shooting in Peckham. Apparently someone got shot in the face with a shotgun”. Another observer added: “Apparently someone has been shot in the face. I feel ill. The road is locked.”. Locals gathered around to try and help the stricken victim, who has not yet been identified.

 

Just an hour earlier in nearby Greenwich, a man was stabbed by assailants unknown. Police also attended this incident. As with the Peckham shooting, no details of the victim have yet been furnished publicly. A Metropolitan Police Service spokesperson told Metro “Police in Southwark were called to Wodehouse Avenue, SE5 at 7.56pm on Saturday, 2 June following reports of a shooting.

‘Armed police attended and found a man suffering from gun shot injuries. ‘He has been taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service. We await an update on his condition.

‘A second man was also found with injuries at the scene and has been taken to hospital for assessment. His condition is believed to be stable. ‘No arrests have been made. A crime scene remains in place. Enquiries continue.”

SOURCES:

Metro, Facebook, Facebook Inc. https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

“Man ‘shot in face’ and another ‘stabbed’ in latest attacks in London” – Georgia Diebelius, Metro/Associated Newspapers Limited (2 June 2018) https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/02/man-shot-face-another-stabbed-latest-attacks-london-7600536/

IMAGE CREDIT:

“File:Jerusalem Stabbing Attack at November 23 2015.jpg” – Israel Police and Doodoo Bo, Wikimedia Commons (23 November 2015) https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jerusalem_Stabbing_Attack_at_November_23_2015.jpg

Advertisements

STRATFORD POLICE SELFIE: London police apologise for taking photos at murder scene

London – VIJAY SHAH via ANTHONY JORDAN and Newham Recorder

 

Officers with the Metropolitan Police Service, the police body that keeps law and order over most of the city of London, have apologised after a police account on social media network Twitter shared a smiling selfie of two cops at the scene of a fatal stabbing in Stratford, east London.

Two police officers attached to Forest Gate police station were attending the scene of the attack on Beniamin Pieknyi, 21 years old from Romania, who was ambushed by a group of youths following an argument and murdered this past Tuesday. They took a selfie outside the old Stratford Shopping Centre and shared it on the Forest Gate North MPS Twitter account.

Twitter users slammed the tasteless photo and the Forest Gate police were heavily criticised. The tweet was subsequently deleted and police later offered their apologies, stating We apologise for any offence caused by the ‘selfie’ picture that was posted from the scene of a serious crime this morning. The officers showed a lack of judgement and sensitivity in posting this and they will be spoken to and reminded of how to use social media responsibly.”

Police have urged potential witnesses to the attack on Mr. Pieknyi to get in touch with them on +44 (0) 20 8721 4005 quoting CAD 7391/20 March or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

SOURCES:

Newham Recorder, Facebook, Facebook Inc. https://www.facebook.com/Newham.Recorder/

“Stratford murder: Met Police apologise for officers’ selfie at the scene” – Anthony Jordan, Newham Recorder/Archant (23 March 2018) http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/crime-court/stratford-centre-stabbing-met-police-apologise-for-officer-s-selfie-at-murder-scene-1-5447546

IMAGE CREDIT:

“MLK Parade 2015 Anacostia, Washington, DC USA 51617” – Ted Eytan, Flickr (19 January 2015) https://www.flickr.com/photos/taedc/16133616298

‘SAVAGE’: Man who stabbed friend to death over video game on trial

London, UNITED KINGDOM
VIJAY SHAH via British Asians UK

A man from London who described himself as ‘savage’ in currently on trial after stabbing his best friend to death after being teased about losing a match on the video football game FIFA, news site British Asians UK reports.

Azeem Issa, aged 22, lunged at Sahill Roy, 28 after they squabbled over the game. Issa, who was a frequent cannabis user, plunged a knife into Roy’s neck, fatally wounding him, the Old Bailey senior court heard. Roy was due to get married. The argument which led to the killing had happened two days earlier, it was reported.

The court found that after the dispute over the football game match, Roy cut himself off from his former friend, refusing to take his calls and not answering the door when Azeem Issa showed up at his house. Issa was said to have been angered by Roy disowning him, accusing the deceased of ‘taking the p***s’ with him.

 

Eventually they did meet up on April 10, 2016, Issa pulled out a bladed weapon in the heat of a second argument and attacked Roy, striking him in the right shoulder and then again in the right side of his neck. The attack was said to have been sparked by Roy’s refusal to show Issa a cannabis grinder he owned.

The court Prosecutor Riel Karmy Jones QC narrated the story of the argument between the two friends to the jury.

Mr Roy had invited Issa and other friend’s to his home to play video games on his X Box.

“There was some disagreement about which game they would play, FIFA or UFC (Ultimate Fighting Champion)”, she said.

Ricardo (Azeem Issa’s nickname) got irritated because he couldn’t play the game he wanted. In the end they gave him the spliff to stop him moaning.

“They played the game and at one point Ricardo got wound up because Sahill was teasing him about losing.”

Issa left Roy’s home, seething that he felt Roy had ‘disrespected’ him for laughing at his loss in the game.

On the day of the attack, Mr Issa had met up with some acquaintances, including Mr Roy, to smoke cannabis joints on the housing estate in which they all lived.

Prosecutor Jones, continued: “Before the meeting, the defendant had been in an agitated mood, and had been desperate to find Sahill, who it seemed had been trying to avoid him.

The victim and Issa became embroiled in a row, and started pushing each other, it was said.

“In an outburst of temper, the defendant pulled out a knife that he had concealed on his person, and stabbed Mr Roy twice.”

Issa then hurriedly left the scene, while Roy’s friends desperately carried him to a nearby communal car park, where he somehow fell to the ground, bleeding profusely from the injuries Issa caused. Despite emergency services attending, Roy died the same day.

Issa has eight previous convictions, including for possession of an offensive weapon, attempted robbery and assault, the court heard. The defendant denies intending to commit murder.

The trial continues.

SOURCES:
British Asians UK, Facebook, Facebook Inc. https://www.facebook.com/BritishAsiansUK/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf
“Man who calls himself ‘savage’ stabbed his friend to death after being teased for losing at FIFA” – British Asians UK http://britishasiansuk.com/man-stabbed-his-friend-to-death-after-being-teased-for-losing-at-fifa-game/ 
IMAGE CREDIT:
“TQ3181 : The Old Bailey” – Nigel Cox, geograph (23 May 2010) http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1884025

CALGARY STABBING: Man attacked on Friday night; hospitalised

Calgary, CANADA
VIJAY SHAH via ReportCA.net
Chinook arch over the city of Calgary, Alberta...
Chinook arch over the city of Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

An unidentified man was viciously attacked and stabbed in the southwest of the Canadian city of Calgary on Friday night, according to a brief report by online regional news site ReportCA.net yesteday.

The man sustained serious stab wounds and was found at around 11:30 pm local time on Friday night. He was taken to a nearby hospital in serious condition, the site reports.

Calgary police officers were called out to a car park close to a pub on 11 Avenue and 8 Street South-West in a touristy part of the city, near the MEC sports shops and restaurants.

Police have yet to determine how the incident unfolded. They are currently investigating and searching for the assailants.

The man’s age and details have not yet been released.

SOURCES:
Half-Eaten Mind, Twitter, Twitter Inc. https://twitter.com/halfeatenmind
HEM News Agency, Half-Eaten Mind, Twitter, Twitter Inc. https://twitter.com/halfeatenmind/lists/hem-news-agency
Report 24 Canada, Twitter, Twitter Inc. https://twitter.com/Report24CA
“Man stabbed Friday night in Calgary’s southwest” – Globalnews.ca via ReportCA.net (11 June 2016) https://reportca.net/2016/06/man-stabbed-friday-night-in-calgarys-southwest/
Google Maps https://www.google.co.uk/maps
IMAGE CREDIT:
“File:Chinook Arch-Calgary.JPG” – Qyd, Wikimedia Commons (9 March 2007) https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Chinook_Arch-Calgary.JPG