VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD: Nomination by ‘Love Life’
As mentioned in the last article before this one, we are in the middle of an awards deluge that’s been running all through December 2013 up until today. To prove I am a man of my own word, the Half-Eaten Mind brings you news of another award. This time we have been blessed by the anonymous teenage blogger behind “Love Life“. She is a blogger/writer on a voyage to overcome the obstacles that life throws at her and discover the hidden secrets of living in a positive light. On her ‘About’ page she describes herself as…
I am a person of the World who loves discovering creative and delicate aspects of life. I like being “original” and don’t really like the idea of conforming with everyone; yet, I find that some parts of conformity are a part of life.
She enjoys creative activities in addition to writing, especially dancing, music and reading. She has a particular interest in searching for quotes that aid her in understanding the mysteries of humanity and sprinkles her writing with some random quotes as a little added spice.
Love Life has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award, a distinctive award with a badge carrying an appearance that for me is reminiscent of a ‘Wanted’ poster from the set of a Western (cowboy) movie. Don’t ask. It is a sumptuous award though. There are several different versions of the award graphically, but the intention is the same. The VBA is given out by bloggers in recognition of writing or photos of quality and distinction. This award is aimed at blogs with uniquely covered subjects and infused with the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page.
We were before nominated for this award in August last year, but as per our unwritten rules on awards acceptance, as this award has a different design from the previous one, we are accepting it again.
I became aware of Love Life’s nomination only today as I was going through the backlog of emails for the blog. The award came in on the 2nd January (incidentally my first younger sister’s birthday) and was posted by her the same day. You can view her original nomination article under this post’s Sources section.
Display the Award on your Blog.
Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who nominated you.
Present 15 deserving Bloggers with the Award.
Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
My VBA Nominees are:
Congratulations to all nominees. You are all truly great and versatile bloggers.
Many thanks to Love Life for nominating me for this award. Your kindness and consideration are truly welcomed and received in gratitude.
SEVEN THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:
1. I have recently intensified an ongoing interest in beatboxing. This means YouTube videos getting shared on Twitter and even practising this ancient hip-hop craft myself. It’s still a work in progress.
2. I was once interviewed by a field reporter from LBC 97.3, a news and talk radio station, after a fire broke at a hotel near my old offices in Victoria, central London.
3. I can be notoriously pedantic when it comes to mealtimes. With chicken burgers and chips or kebab with chips (fries), I always eat the chips first. Without fail. If I eat birthday cake with icing (frosting) on it, same way I eat the cake part first. Again without fail.
4. My dream is learn how to play the tabla (a percussion instrument from northern India).
5. I once got so drunk during a work night out I got inside a telephone booth and started singing.
6. My maternal grandfather was a police officer, and one of my cousins currently is. Ironically one of my brothers hates the police. With some good reason.
7. I am a bit of a budding photographer and graphic artist, but only at the amateur, ‘getting toes wet’ stage.IMPORTANT NOTICE: Currently we are not featuring a section on related articles from Zemanta as the inbuilt plugin used to add to our prepared copy is no longer in service. However we wish to continue our custom with Zemanta as a reliable image source and an opportunity to link to other bloggers, so we are in the process of adding a special browser extension which will give a similar experience, so HEM can continue to give you the same journalistic quality and accessibility you have come to expect. Apologies for any inconveniences this may cause you. Please click here for an official statement from WP about this sudden change – editor.
“About” – Love Life LINK
“About the VBA” – Versatile Blogger Award LINK
“OVERDUE: Yes, I am late on a very important day” – Love Life (2 January 2014) LINK
Posted on January 4, 2014, in Awards articles and tagged award, award nomination, Blog, blogger, Half-Eaten Mind, Love Life, Publishers, VBA, Versatile Blogger Award, WordPress. Bookmark the permalink. 19 Comments.